Tuesday, January 21, 2014

hiking excursion

Last night in the thirty degree weather
I decided to put a bunch of leather scraps on
woven with fabric
to make this coat
that I could brave the ever-loving Wild with.

I hiked in black boots up to my shins,
feeling like a Wraith in the dark
until I laid down at peace in the forest
and heard the coyotes howling
which was unnerving
until I saw a Mountain Lion
which is when I figured that
maybe the Pacific Crest Trail
wasn't for me
despite its Proximity to Freedom.

I came back, dejected but quick
wondering how I would have survived
without a Weapon
and I figured that maybe I wasn't about
getting in fights
so I came home
and curled up in a bed
that was more uncomfortable than the forest floor
and just wondered
about how beautiful it was to look at all those foreboding stars

No comments:

Post a Comment