Friday, January 24, 2014

drunken poem on love

well

the problem is
that i never stopped loving them
but they all opted
for wallets and jobs
as opposed to the taste of blackberries when we were poor on vines in Portland
or how sweet we were

i was always
"we can just make it as companions"
when they were mostly
well
"the harsh facts of life say we need money."

but when i was loving them
we didn't
because love is not a currency or a stock exchange
or a marketplace
it is a soul that is birthed between two people
when they discover that they are a nation

and if you really hate me
then you would ask me about this, please.

the easiest trick to me
was to give proverbial blowjobs
to some office manager
for some supposedly good position
but then I would have just come home
filled with his hatred
saying things instead of cooing
all my song knocked out
while babbling about whatever Johnny had said
and I really think that that is the worst death in the world,
so I said it

No comments:

Post a Comment