Monday, February 9, 2015

Theories of the Unknown

I have been wading through experiential morass, attempting to connect and make contact with outside variables that seem to constitute realities if not certain aspects of sane or insane.  Dreaming, for instance, is a magical comic book that opens up past delineations of dream geographies that held through my various mental states, code word for clinical or just clinically drunk.  Despite beer saturation, certain dream cities have remained in effect whole, have burgeoned in their maps, have become fuller instead of destitute.  If I had drawn these cities without my knowledge with my own mental parameters, then their maps exist hidden and somewhat permanant without my knowledge.  There are and were street names that have reappeared during sleep, which are now washed over with the haze of wakefulness, the kind that manifests when you try to recall a long diminished dream.  But the maps are there, scorched in thin tree bark, and the results of examining them while awake are sometimes cryptic.  For instance, why am I buying groceries daliently in a North Canadian/European city washed over by warm fog, usually in the company of a certain Frenchman that I knew in real life?  The store is an archetype for a small island supermarket, was fascinating in its aisles and cubbies, exuded magic but somehow lacked the properties of a realer fascination, the kind that can flummox you into spending three thousand dollars on a golf cart in real life for no apparent reason.

Apparently, I am mad.  Diagnosed as insane, yes, but the properties of insanity have shown me today that apparently you cannot punish a sane person into filling the brackets of insanity, not with words or violence.  The person will just ape insanity.  Finding myself is a different story.  There are funny retributions when I gaze into a mirror, thinking about a factor called chirality, which is how the mirror functions instead of being reflective.  The word "chirality" means basically that your left hand resembles your right hand without being your right hand, there is that symmetry of likeness but in effect there is the reflection of asymptomatic assymetry.  What it all boils down to is the discovery that flat square mirrors reflect and refract in an X pattern, with the center of the X being the focal point of the reflective chirality.  What it signifies is that it will reflect the assymetrical parts of a person's face in reverse, the way that written letters appear opposite when held up to the same mirror, showing us that our reflections are in some way the opposing images of how we look, which we should be instructed to understand at a young age instead of being forced to simply mime the not so concrete fact that the person in the mirror is me or you.  How this ties into marginality in terms of mental diagnoses is that when the phenomenon was observed by myself at different incursions, the significations immediately had me taken aback.  Do I, in fact, look like a woman in reality as opposed to a man?  Is the stubble of my beard in the mirror in fact just natural down on my face meant to keep my face warm as opposed to the stylings of a male's facial hair?  Do I resemble a celebrity woman instead of what the mirror and my photographs (upside down reverse images of ourselves) profess?  These questions came up with chirality and mirror investigations.  I wonder still, leaning to an impartial yes and no now, if the image in the mirror of myself is actually the complete opposite, and I, as a woman, am stuck with the ramifications of having some ghostly husband made of light who follows me around and appears in reflective instances.  I do not feel male anymore, and not very slightly female.  The discoveries with a laptop camera and the bathroom mirror and display monitor which switched images was somewhat mind blowing, but only in the questions that the experiments raised.  How does the mirror through the camera lens portray my mouth as open when it is in fact closed?  Why did the technology of the camera switch its definitions of reflection, placing what should have been an image from the right on the left after the mirror experiments?  Who can explain this to me besides some sort of master optician?  The reason I am more than concerned and more than interested is due to the existence of real time cloaking devices based in only lens and optic work, which can make an object invisible when seen from a certain perspective.  You can find that work here: Rochester Cloak, the information of which was based also in an article from the web publication version of Wired.  I bring up my mental state again because I do not feel that I am crazy, but that instances of secretive cloaking devices based off of lens work when evidenced by me in the past probably did not do justice to what were often labeled "hallucinations" when objects or vehicles would appear or disappear based off of perspective.  In terms of me taking the blame for a technology that I do not possess nor have at my disposal, I would tell the dishonest crowd of invisibilifying yahoos to not get carried away with mirage camoflauge at my expense any longer.  That and the thoughts that if you invisibilified yourself with lenses and drove around for a time, that you were probably at the most causing bizarre car accidents on occasion and at the least playing the role of the coward.

Regardless, mirror and optic perplexity figure into dreams.  Are we only seeing the "reflections" of reality's substrate when our eyes are closed, bounced into our sleeping visions from chiral properties that exist in the vicinities of our resting places?  Is this a natural facility?  For a brief amount of time, it bore evidence upon examiation that some of the myths of the unknown such as ghosts, telepathy, and misconstrued vortexes of reality could be based on mirror properties that have gone unexamined in reality, whether the mirages or distortions were caused by water vapor, cold and warm air, or more complex properties that often lack description.  The properties have been witnessed for sound, as well as light obviously, and the indications for other spectra involving other human senses could be astounding, including theories of human/reality radio wave resonances.  The theories could explain any sort of experiences that have been classified as paranormal (outside maybe, say alien life) based in the properties and aptitude for illusive or real creation of reflections and refractions that exist inherently in reality.  To sum it up, are we living honestly in a literal hall of mirrors, and if so, which side of the metaphorical glass are we on?  One could point to paranoid theories such as that we are living in a maze designed for study by a "higher" or at least more distinct set of beings, but perhaps we are imprisoned by our own.  Thoughtful examination places the possibility of down right abusive chicanery within this idea either at an all time high or all time low.  Regardless, it's worth the thoughts as opposed to the nightmares I had cocurrently with the research that sometimes suggested that I was only made of Light and was somehow slipping into traps or non-existance, which I mention because these happened during my examinations and experiences with the chirality of mirrors (and perhaps my environment).  Some of the nightmares came as dreams, some of the dreams came as nightmares.  The most prominant experience of one was the notion that we are all made of some kind of Light that exists seperately from the Material Universe, and somehow we only move away or towards each other, and that factor within any sort of Metaphysical system based on such an admonition would end up explaining pain, love, loss, friendship, joy, and perhaps even Beauty.  However I am not one to definitevely say, not wanting to be cast in the role of Metaphysical Dictator or Idealogue. 

It is, if the survival of our people is any indication, perhaps time to return again to investigations of what is classified as the unknown or paranormal, not so that we may become Masters but so that we may work with forces and processes in reality that have lacked further classification besides unexplainable phenomenon, if only because a benevolent embracing of their complexities and values could portend new awakenings and a larger kinship between ourselves and life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment