Monday, January 20, 2014

atmosphere

Once 
I followed the wind in LA
to see where it would take me,
paying attention to little tugs
and questions
like when it wanted to lead me
across the street on a bicycle,
I really wondered then
where I was going
and even what I was dealing with
because it didn't seem random
or even ordered
but more like gentle kisses
as dawn broke

Strangely,
I never ended up in apartment complexes
or in jail,
I would just move
however it happened to suggest
with the Santa Anas 
coming from the South
and then sometimes
the westerlies
moving me East and away
from those bleak LA seas.

I guess 
I ended up here
which in some sense of the phrase
is a triumph and Beautiful,
as though those winds
were nettled with true and false paths
that settled, carried, tore away, and gave
in direction, caress, lies, and sometimes
with it in your face trying to keep your scarf from staying on,
I feel there is something in that
but I feel too lazy
to describe the changes
how the airs would filter me through different situations
until you realize that maybe zephyrs
are a metaphor for human life
and the way we move
which is an easy thing to forget when driving
unless you are almost blown off the road
or when you are inside all the time
with nothing but settled demesne


No comments:

Post a Comment