Monday, January 20, 2014

notes on a Wrinkle in Time

That children's book
set forth from a used bookstore
convinced me at a young age
that I was supposed to save this universe somehow
because even as a kid
it was readily apparent
that things were completely off.

My delusions were centered around
the ugliness of that planet Camazotz
where everything worked
but for no end except wretched ugliness
that sadly
evidence of this in our world
drove me mad when I was twenty

so i started staging events
discovering that people were ants
and only followed money like it was food,
which i thought was this sadness
of trying to find some magic key
that when it turned
made everything nuts
like that thing in the book with Red Eyes
that hypnotized a child to hate his kin.

really what finally got to me
was that IT from the book
ended up being computers here,
computational time
computational mathmatics
linked to global finance
because look at the world of evil it did,
just saying.

i remember the three witches in the book
watching IT devour entire stars
and how two of them
were so damaged from past battles
that it took too much to speak somehow,
and i think that really left an impression on me
in the way it relates to scars amid grief.


No comments:

Post a Comment