Wednesday, December 18, 2013

radioactive

sisterless rider
with hair woven in fronds
of raven feather
quiver on back
in leather
and horse hooves
in the chemical dust

found a friend
at the city with no gatekeeper
but only jerk off drug addicts
addled in eye and frame
like sickened plague rats

you can see their fumes
as they babble by the blessed river
which may carry their sins of self aggrandizement
away and downstream
but know that even the toads with their poison
won't sit where they have scurried
whether on silver rock
or lily pad frosted emerald

no no
they were not for me
i loved your horse's stance
as you threw me side saddle
and got me out of that white ransacked hell
where there was some girl-thang
slumbering in bed
with the stench of a dead grizzly
as the houses outside
were torn and lashed by bullets in the wind,
my hair flying
when I was three quarters dead
and the coward captain
ready to hang me
from a new rope

No comments:

Post a Comment