Saturday, March 29, 2014

experimental stuff

Bound on a jet plane
through the worst war in hell,
i figured it was smart
not to work
under constant threat of radiation.

Well
the water is there and clear
it is beautiful.

I miss no one anymore.

I have nothing without you.

this is not past tense or present.

i am thinking fondly of those old friends we knew
who gave without giving
when i gave up on life
sitting there on a porch in sunglasses
wearing a bottle of whiskey around my neck
while nobody wanted any hash
and i thought plaintively lately
what happened to the casualties in college
so i looked them up
and boy.

Sometimes I don't think about much
and i find that it is better than being a cloud
stretched out up there in a nap against the glowing sky
and i remember my teachers
but who was more important to me all this time
was my heroine

i'd send you people postcards
someday
but I would feel like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup
and this may be odd
but it is the one golf movie i haven't seen
that and i hated that movie Caddyshack
with Chevy Chase bumbling around

i miss the old ways of virtue
and i have to say
that sometimes you and i
have had to raise our swords
to lightning instead of water
but whatever the paranoia was
it went
and is gone
i think i left it in some broken CDs I had in college
when

No comments:

Post a Comment