Tuesday, January 22, 2013

no I love my Lydia

Kingdoms come
and kingdoms fell
if I had a choice
mine would have been a rock and roll show
without the glib sucking of dick
or the turn of currency's trick
it was meant to be a meadow
where our joys could be made violet and emerald
like a scrap of some quilt below an earring.

Yet I have been brave for too long
before this emperor of Hell
that just for show and tell
made us in abeyance
to some schizophrenic Father
chastising his outlaw daughter
for eating something sweet at the prayer for birds
with wounded feet
and those poor young boys turned into meat
within the tin corrugated walls of a slaughterhouse's hallways.

Time to erase the concepts
of abstract portrayals of love war and hatred,
I got this wound from glass by my left eye
when some guy cursed with Jesus cursed me.

I lost my last knife when the police erased my constructs,
just little models of happiness where no one could die
in temples dedicated to the sun and to the moon
when I came back from saturnine cages
all the room tore me up to ruins
because they got these slabs of beef coated in censored chemicals
that will make your frontal lobe turn to soft red clay.

Just to say I lost my faith dear Lydia
when I vowed if she had starved that I would
go to Vegas and suck a politician's knob
and say that I found a hundred out in the snow
because after all the universe had this heliocentric show
so I figured if I sacrificed myself
that the rest of it would be fine
like unfurled wine colored sails
moving above the darkness of a stranger Neptune
than anyone had cared to point our way towards.


No comments:

Post a Comment