Friday, January 23, 2015

Truth

Bought a pack of cigarettes
and the credit went through
but now I wake up a little more
and want to quit smokeing them
in loneliness
because sometimes
there was only Misery known as you
in the cold planks of an apartment
where poison fumes fluctuated in heat and cold currents
and now I'm begging to the Northern Star
I'm the Angel,
kneel into the frozen lights.

Feel their hearts, they're cold as ice.

I've come here to confess,
watching you burn up in lies and refuse
and watching you burn
I realized that you were so dumb
take me into the river someday
we'll make decent lovers
if you were not a liar.

He comes from a coal mine
I see you
as it covers us all goodnight.

Put on my best Sunday Dress
and walk straight into this mess
with all of the pain I have to take what is mine
with all of his sorrow and all of his false pain
what can you burn up
what can you burn up?


No comments:

Post a Comment